I have SOO much to tell you guys! But I have ONE more thing of the ‘summer’ to finish for grad school! I hope you guys don’t hate me for leaving you alone for so long! I miss you all!!
In the mean time, have some laughs at my expense.
So it’s Friday.. I can’t say that it really matters, because I’ll be at work all weekend.. OHHH the joys of grad school..
1. For your enjoyment.. This is me daily..
2. PRed my deadlift this week.. 193lbs! That’s roughly 60lbs more than I weigh. Yup. I was stoked. 200, I’m coming for you!!!
3. Last weekend at my hometown 5k I managed to win my age group.. after running 10 miles.. It was also a PR.. Basically I was stoked! 25:40! Boom!! My little sister and dad walked it, and my little sister even managed to snag third place in her age group!!
4. I’m contemplating a new tattoo! (Bet you didn’t know I even had one!!).. But anyways, I’m not looking for you opinion on tattoos because I know that everyone has their own opinions. BUT just incase you’re wondering what I’m thinking about.. it might be something like this! (and NO, not on my wrist!! definitely someplace that can be easily hidden!)
5. How to spot a runner 101: Look for the compression socks!! I went on a run and then had to hussle around to run some errands on Wednesday so I ended up looking like this. I got asked if I as a soccer play, to which I replied, “Nope, I’m a runner.”
Anyways. Have a great weekend everyone!!!! :) Relax, enjoy the weather, and try not to work too hard! :)
Hey guys! It’s weird how crazy I’ve been lately! Seriously, somehow as soon as summer hit I’ve been off the charts crazy! But since I’m sitting at my kitchen table, sipping some coffee, waiting to go run 13 miles, I figured it was a perfect time to catch you guys up with me. :)
1. I absolutely LOVE crossfit!
So I know I mentioned in an early post that I’ve finally started CF, and I’m sure that’s part of the reason why I’m always so busy, but I just love it. I honestly didn’t know that I could enjoy weightlifting so much! How I just want to look like those girls at the CF games! ;)
2. I haven’t been super committed to my long runs.
So here’s the thing, I got knocked off running for a week a few weeks back and it’s been hard to get back into the swing of things. For example, technically according to my training plan I’m supposed to run 26 miles tomorrow. Well I’m going a 5k tomorrow PLUS I don’t think I’m prepared to run 26 yet, so I’ve decided to run 13 today, then 10 tomorrow morning, and then the 5k.
3. Work/School is insanely busy.
This week alone, I’ve been at work until 6pm or later every day. (And I anticipate it being the same today too.) I’m preparing for my Oral Exam which is where I get to tell my committee everything that I’ve been doing, and then they ask my questions on it, and anything else they want to ask me about, and then decide if I get to be a PhD candidate or not. Talk. About. Stressful.
4. In other news, I’ve realized my addiction to coffee is real.. And NO, I’m not upset about it. But I did find this article which I realized is mostly true. The struggle is real people.
5. And last but not least: I’m currently a week in of doing the 21 Day Fix, paleo style. You see, a box near my parents was starting a 30 day paleo challenge and I thought, “gosh, I loved being paleo, I should jump on this challenge with them”… BUT the same day I was also starting a challenge group of the 21 Day Fix.. So anyways, next week I’m going to post some EASY recipes that are keeping me from starving (because I’m busy, not because either the Fix or Paleo would actually cause me to starve). So stay tuned for that!! :)
Have a great weekend everyone!